| < January >
|Normal Max/ High Temperature
|Min/ Low Temperature
|Number of Wet Days (probability of rain on a day)
|Average Sunlight per day
|Average Daylight per day
|Sunny (Cloudy) Daylight Hours
|Sun altitude at solar noon on the 21st day.
- The average temperature in Amsterdam in January is very cool at 1.5 °C (34.7 °F).
- Afternoons can be cool with average high temperatures reaching 4 °C (39.2 °F).
- Overnight temperatures are generally slightly cold with an average low of -1 °C (30.2 °F).
- The range/ variation of diurnal average temperatures in January is 5 °C (9 °F).
- The weather in January is marginally dry with frequent spells of sleet or snow. Only 68mm (2.7in) of H2O is deposited during an average of 22 days.
- The blue above Amsterdam is really dreary having an average of only 1:48 of intense sunlight daily.
- The shortest day is 7:49 long and the longest day is 8:59 long with an average length of 8:19.
- There are approximately 6:16 per day when bright sunshine is absent due to cloud, haze or the sun being too low on the horizon to register.
- It is sunny approximately 22.4% of daylight hours and cloudy 77.6% of daylight hours.
Check the distance to and compare the Amsterdam January averages with somewhere beginning with:
A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z | All
Weather Trend Graph for January in Amsterdam, Netherlands
Navigate to January Weather in Locations Surrounding Amsterdam: